martes, 8 de mayo de 2018

Something about my sport

More than just a combat sport, Judo offers students a code of ethics that is, a way of living and being. It is a part of the physical education program of numerous junior high and high schools, colleges, training centers, and clubs around the world where people are discovering the way of life known as judo.

Judo practice skills and techniques
 A student practicing Judo is called a Judoka, while a Judo teacher is called Sensei, meaning “one who came before.” This is a reminder that anyone can become a Sensei with time and practice and that the job of the Sensei is to instruct his students as he was taught by his former Sensei.
 Demanding great physical prowess and mental discipline, techniques and skills practiced in Judo include:
  • Lifting and throwing opponents onto their back
  • Pinning opponents down to the ground
  • Controlling opponents
  • Applying different chokeholds or joint locks until submission
Benefits of practising it:
  • Developing physical fitness
  • Growth in strength and flexibility
  • Increased speed and agility
  • Improved reaction time
  • Excellent coordination
 Beyond the physical, Judo students learn:

  • To control their feelings, emotions, and impulses
  • How to show courage in the face of pressure or fear
  • The value of a solid work ethic
  • Valuable social skills
  • About justice and fairness
  • To build meaningful relationships with others
In my opinion Judo is a sport that helps you to improve your physical and mental skills, I recommend it for all the people specially for childrens because it teaches a lot of values and self-confidence.I've been practising it since I was three and I'm still loving it.For me is a way of life and more than a sport.I hope you liked my explanation of a little part of this sport,anther day I will explain more about it.


3 comentarios:

  1. I think you've convinced me to try Judo, with the benefits it has for the body, it's worth it!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Miquel, I'm like Gabriela, I'm thinking to try Judo, but maybe I'm to old to get started...

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi Miquel, I have a question, can you practice judo at any age or you have to start from a early age?

    ResponderEliminar